Tuesday, September 4, 2012
ePharma Physician® - New trends for 2012
Our VP of Research Monique Levy recently gave a webinar on our new ePharma Physician® study, which explores how physicians use digital channels to research prescription drug information and to connect with pharma companies and reps.
In case you missed the session, here are a few key trends that popped from this year’s research:
- iPad Rep audience doubled between 2011 and 2012 – among ePharma Physicians who have seen a pharma sales rep in person, 65 percent have interacted with one carrying an iPad.
- iPad Reps are influencing physician behavior – among ePharma Physicians interacting with an iPad Rep, 35 percent say they are more likely to request a sample and 29 percent say they are more likely to consider prescribing the drug.
- Physicians shifting online for pharma info and service needs – ePharma Physicians currently use digital sources just over half of the time when accessing pharma product info (as opposed to traditional offline or print sources), but would like to increase this to two-thirds.
- Strong interest in pharma online promotion – 4 in 10 ePharma Physicians have participated in an online promotional program (self-directed, webcast, or live one-on-one) in the past year, and an additional 5 in 10 ePharma Physicians are very interested in connecting with manufacturers in this way.
- Tablets see traction for online journal reading – while desktops/laptops are the leading device for reading journals online, tablets show promise in 2012, with about 4 in 10 online journal-reading ePharma Physicians using tablets for this purpose.
If you’d like to hear the entire webinar – feel free to email us and we’ll send the recording your way.
Posted by Maureen Malloy, Senior Healthcare Analyst